Preparing a planning application can be a stressful experience, but it doesn't need to be.
Town Planning in London and Manchester is formed of three tiers:
1) Local Development Plans commonly known now as LDF’s, and the older UDP's (Unitary Development Plan).
2) The latest version of the London Plan, which is compiled by the current Mayor of London (July 2011 and updated 2016).
3) National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) which was approved by the coalition government in March 2012, is the core of all planning decisions and discussions. All Planning policies and regulations set by each council have to conform and meet the requirments and guidlenes set out in the NPPF.
There is also permitted development rights for many types of developments, such as conversions oh offices and shops into residential units and extensions to homes.
All of the above are constantly under review, and are subject to further updates and changes in the near future. 4D Planning are committed to keeping up-to-date, and have a dedicated CPD program for its planning consultants.
4D Planning are happy to act as your agent, to prepare and submit the best application for your development, to liaise with the local council, and to take care of all your planning and architectural requirments, while at the same time offering a competitive fee, and a fully interactive and positive customer service experience.
There are a few stages in preparing a planning application:
- Free initial consultation and feasibility study
- Site Survey
- Planning Drawings
- Planning Documents, forms, letters and checklists.
- Building Regulations
Following this stage, the application is submitted to the local council via the planning portal.
For more information, please click here.